JF Renshaw is a leading British manufacturer of ready to roll icing, marzipan, frostings, caramel and mallows.
JF Renshaw supplies products both in the UK and exports across the world.
It supplies specialist sugarcraft shops, bakery, general wholesalers, major grocery outlets as well as and food manufacturers and the foodservice sector.
JF Renshaw has over 100 years expertise in cake decorating of which some key dates are shown below.
- In 1898, John F Renshaw & Co Limited was founded, with its first premises situated on Great Portland Street, London.
- From the 1930s, Renshaw was exporting to New Zealand, Argentina and Mexico, with exports to Australia beginning post-war.
- Renshaw was granted its first Royal Warrant by King George VI in 1950 followed by Queen Elizabeth II and The Queen Mother in 1955. To this day, Renshaw is the proud holder of the Royal Warrant, granted for “Purveyors of Almond Products”.
- During the late 1970s, discussions opened between Renshaw and Liverpool-based manufacturer Allmey & Layfield. The two companies merged in 1980, with all production moving to Liverpool in 1991.
- In the 1990s, the company was acquired by Schwartau. During this period, over £16m was invested in the Liverpool site and a series of accolades followed:
- 1994 – The Liverpool site was awarded Best Factory in the North West by Management Today magazine and Cranfield University.
- 1995 – Renshaw is accredited as an Investor in People.
- 1996 – Renshaw is awarded ISO9001 – the first of many subsequent universal quality accreditations such as BRC, RSPO, Kosher and Halal accreditation.
- 2005 – Renshaw becomes part of Real Good Food PLC.
The Renshaw Brand
Renshaw products are used and specified by sugar crafters across the world.
The Renshaw brand is “the professionals choice” because it has worked to the specifications of sugar crafters to provide product that is of consistent quality, reliability and flexibility. Renshaw provides an unrivalled choice of range and colour as well as offering expert advice on technique and applications.
JF Renshaw has over 100 years’ experience in baking and cake decorating expertise. Professional Sugarcrafters demonstrate that skill in their use of the product to make amazing cake creations as well as teaching others in courses and demonstrations.
Renshaw has held the Royal Warrant as Purveyor of almond products since the 1950s. It is a seal of approval of the quality of Renshaw’s supply.